Monday, April 19, 2021

Brinkley Broadcasts Anew

The play The Resistible Rise of J. R. Brinkley by Edward Einhorn debuted in New York City in October 2018 to rave reviews. Now you can listen to an audio performance of the play by podcast. Untitled Theater Company #61 presents it free for your listening pleasure on a variety of platforms. Choose your preference here: http://www.untitledtheater.com/previous-productions/resistible-rise-jr-brinkley.html

Why do I feature this podcast here on my blog? Because I was the scenic artist for the original live production. Clearly the podcast doesn't feature my art, but I think The Resistible Rise of J. R. Brinkley is a super play anyway and I'm glad to have been a part of it, so I recommend it to all of you reading this.

It tells the true story of a 1920s con man who touted the eating of goat testicles as a cure for impotence. That's right, read that previous sentence again if you have to. And people believed him! 

I've previously illustrated a couple of playwright and director Edward Einhorn's books (Paradox in Oz and The Living House of Oz) and a few of his short stories in the past. Edward and I have a project coming up in the future, too. We collaborated on a new Age of Bronze-related project that I'll announce here when it's ready for release. Hint: it's a new version of an old version of a sacrifice.

Copyright © 2021 Eric Shanower. All rights reserved.